Versatile and durable, Interior Grade Compact Laminate can be produced, upon request, in a wide range of solid colors, woodgrains, metallics and pearlescents. Additionally, it can be manufactured in many different thicknesses ranging 1/8" to 1." Bella Laminati's Compact Grade Laminate provides creative solutions for countertops, lockers and cabinets, elevator cabs, wall panels, casework, shelving, specialty furniture, fixtures and partitions. The below items are currently being offered as part of our standard collection. Each item has a matching color core to capture the real look of engineered stone allowing for greater design flexibility.
What is Compact Laminate?
- Compact Laminate, also known as solid phenolic, is a paper fiber-based solid surface material that is warmer to the touch than typical acrylic or polyester materials.
- Definition: Compact laminate is essentially very thick HPL, up to and exceeding one inch. Extra layers of phenolic resin-saturated kraft paper in the core gives it its thickness and strength.
Benefits of Compact Laminate:
- A lifespan of over 20 years
- Self-supporting (no substrate required)
- Impervious to water, steam, chemical spills and organic solvents
- Impact resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Excellent fire, smoke and toxic gasses retardant properties
- Easy to clean
- Dimensional stability and flatness
- Food contact safe
- Mechanically sturdy